New Players Guide to Banshees
From BGO Wiki
This is a guide to the use of The Cylon medium interceptor, the Banshee. This probably also applies to the Scythe but I have not yet tried it so I cant be certain of this.
The Banshee is fast, agile and deadly in the right hands. With the right modifications you can have as much health as a mid level assault escort and be as fast as the average strike (such as the Heavy Raider or Raptor). The Banshee is great for clearing small PvP battles, chasing down opponents, running away from them or just getting across a system quickly without fear of ganks.
There are other guides to the weapons you can use as a Banshee but I will make a quick overview.
- Short Range: These cannons are great for ripping your opponent to shreds very quickly, unfortunately they have a very short range but that is not a problem as the Banshee is quick enough to catch up to most enemies.
- Long Range: These are the sniper rifle of the cannons, they have great range and decent damage they are perfect for big skirmishes and pvp battles.
- General Purpose: This is a cross between short and long range cannons they have a medium range and moderate damage output.
- General Purpose: Medium range and moderate damage and a slow reload.
- Short Range: pack a massive punch but have a very short firing range.
Banshees are best used in wolfpacks, concentrate on enemy strikes then on escorts. The Banshee is one of the only medium ships capable of keeping up with Stikes during an attack, use this wisely. Also of note is that Banshees are perfect for any Quick Reaction Force or for poking an enemy or for Hit and Run tactics.
These slots can very a lot form one player to another depending on your playstyle, for example if you are a speed demon you might want to use one of these slots for a ES boost+ which will increase the speed of both your ship and that of nearby allies. You might also want a Weapon or scanner range boost or a electronic warfare component (see another guide for this)
(As a side note most players will always have a mining scanner equipped).
Strikes: The Banshee is perfect for killing strikes and unless heavily out-numbered you should have no problems here. Escorts: Against escorts (player controlled not NPC)you sould have little problem getting in their blind spots (above below) or in a worst case scenario you can always try to out run them. Lines: For player controlled lines you will most likely be targeted fairly quickly (unless you have an allied line). Try to get above then and fire at their blind spots while whittling away at their health, you should really only try this with a few allies.
Tips and Tricks
- Damage control modules are great for big battles but are very expensive)
- Try to update your Banshee very quickly, the two extra gun slots are invaluable and will increase your dammage output considerably.
- Play around with your weapons and their placement. For example i like to use 2 long range autocannons at the front and 2 short range guns on each side giving me an incredible hit and run ability. Some player use the Banshee as a missile ship because it can quickly fire a volley of well over six missiles.